Sunday, September 25, 2011

It's Been a While...

...but on the cleaning front, things have been pretty good.  The only day I forgot to make my bed since I last posted, I remembered around 1pm and did it then, so it still counts.  Today I washed my sheets so I'll have to put new ones on and "make" the bed sometime tonight.  The laundry is getting done fairly promptly.  The kitchen is staying a bit cleaner.  I haven't had quite as much time this weekend as I would have liked, and a lot of things are not done and need to be, but as I get more organized in life it will get easier.

In the meantime, I've been cooking up a storm with the end-of-summer produce.  The greatest tip that I can give to anyone is to cook more than you need and freeze it for another day.  I've been at my job for 6 months, and I've bought lunch at the cafeteria ONCE.  If I don't have leftovers, I grab something from the freezer.  I've got chili (more than one kind) and the cornbread to go with it, a few different soups, lasagna, turkey meatloaf, muffins galore.  It's saved me loads of money, time, and likely calories too.

No comments:

Post a Comment